I wish I could say I've got this husband/father/son thing all figured out but I don't. For every picture I post on this blog of our happy family I see another picture of me losing my patience with the kids, bickering with Deb about stupid stuff or not making time for my spiritual life. I heard the song "Lead Me" by Sanctus Real this summer and the lyrics spoke to me about what Deb and the kids are silently looking for from me. I like the song because it encourages me to take an honest look at how I'm doing in the most important areas of my life and challenges me to be present both physically and emotionally; and to be a spiritual leader in our family. I made this video for Deb and the kids to let them know that "I hear them" and that they are the loves of my life even though I fall short sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment