We headed west over Vail Pass and through beautiful Glenwood Canyon on our way to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. The Park sits on top of a mountain only accessible by gondola. There are lots of activities including a 4D theater, roller coaster, cave tours and the scariest ride I have ever been on called the Swing Shot which had just opened weeks before we got there...hopefully enough time to thoroughly test the ride because there would be serious consequences if something broke as you will see. Everyone had a blast and we are already looking forward to going back next summer.

Stand on your tippie toes, Kaylee

Waiting for the gondola ride up

Here we go


I was petrified before we even got to the rides

Amazing views

This is easily the scariest ride I have ever been on. It sits right on the edge of a cliff and they swing you out (very fast) over the canyon on this stupid swing and you end up looking down at the mile drop to the river below. Tyler and Sam jumped right on and Mollie, Josh and I gave it a whirl as well...can't even explain the fear when you are afraid of heights. The worst part was watching Tyler and Sam flying through the air and Tyler coming up to me later saying, "Dad, the coolest part was that I come out of my seat a little bit at the top." They must have riden it over a dozen times. The experience is very different depending on which side you sit but equally terrifying.
No comments:
Post a Comment