No Time

Wow...the summer has flown by and I don't think I have blogged since spring football.  I think my new plan is to try to type a quick synopsis of our activities and try to add pictures someday.  Yesterday we traveled to Ft. Collins for Matt and Tyler's Pop Warner football games.  I help coach Tyler's Mitey Mite team and Matt plays up one level on the Jr. Pee Wee team.  We won a close one 22-14 after Tyler engineered a 70-yard drive in the 4th quarter and scored the game winning TD with less than a minute to go.  Tyler plays quarterback and safety and does a great job running the offense with no coaches on the field (we are the only team at our level to call plays from the sidelines and let Tyler use his wristband to run the offense).  We are 4-0 and had been beating teams pretty soundly until this weekend.  Matt's team got beat but Matt played really well at center.  Matt plays on the offensive and defensive line and had a big blocked punt a couple of games ago.

Saturdays are football and Sundays are baseball.  Today we won on a walk-off hit in the last inning.  I help coach this team as well and am having a blast.  Crazy Uncle David and Normal Aunt Gail came down from Boulder to watch and then we all got together at our place for dinner and ice cream cake to celebrate Matt and Kaylee's 10th B-Day.  Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Dee, Uncle Dave, Cousins Michael and Emily were there as well.  Of course Deb covered the house in streamers like she always does and we enjoyed the cool evening around the fire pit after a beautiful sunny day.  The kids are growing up fast but I feel like we have been blessed with a ton of quality family time these past few years exploring and enjoying Colorado together while the kids still think Mom and Dad are pretty cool (Hope to share all of our summer adventures in future entries).  Need to get to bed now as I have an early morning tee time with Zack, G and Jim at Castle Pines Golf Club...can't wait!  Besides, I can't watch Shonn Greene kill my fantasy numbers any longer.  G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment