4/09 First Broken Bone

Keeping it light
Goofball.

Going in to surgery


All better with an orange glow in the dark cast.



Well it didn't take long for us to find our way around Highlands Ranch...specifically the hospital ER. Tyler broke his arm and I wish I could tell you a great tale of how it happened like sliding into home with the game winning run or an awesome yard sale while skiing the moguls at Breckenridge...nope...he was tipping back in his chair at home and snapped his ulna and dislocated his radius. Actually did it up pretty good and needed surgery, a rod from his wrist to his elbow, and an awesome staff at Children's Hospital to fix him up. He spent much of the summer in a cast from his shoulder down but was back on the baseball field once the cast came off and is stronger than ever today. Man is it hard to watch your kids get hurt but I'm sure it will just be the first of many trips to the ER.

No comments:

Post a Comment